The National Weather Service in Brownsville reports there’s a chance of strong to severe thunderstorms today, with the Upper Rio Grande Valley along the western and northern ranch lands to have the best chances.
There’s a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms today and a 40 percent chance of severe thunderstorms tonight. The NWS reports locally heavy rainfall could produce minor street flooding and flooding in low-lying areas.
On Monday, which is Memorial Day, there’s a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms during the day and a 30 percent chance of heavy rain Monday night.
The rain chances increase on Tuesday where there’s a 60 percent chance of heavy rain during the day and a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms Tuesday night.