The Brownsville Public Utilities Board will reopen the drive-thru lanes at the BPUB administration building beginning Monday, May 18. The lanes will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Other customer service operations will remain closed to walk-in traffic for customer and employee safety because of the virus. Customer service agents will be available by phone or email for any other issues.
Here is a list of options for paying your BPUB bill:
- Online– Just go to BPUB’s website, www.brownsville-pub.com/, for easy online access.
- Phone– Dial 956-983-6121 and follow the menu options to pay your bill. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Drop Box– While the Administration Building lobby will be closed, customers can still utilize the drop box at 1425 Robinhood Drive to leave payments.
- Drive-Thru– There are five drive-thru lanes behind the Administration Building open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Mail– Payments may be mailed to P.O. Box 660566; Dallas, TX 75266-0566
- Autopay– Set it and forget it. This option allows customers to set up automatic payments each month through a credit card or checking account.
Bill assistance is still available to customers who are unemployed or were furloughed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Customers must be qualified by Community Action Corporation of South Texas, by calling (956) 435-0379.r at https://twitter.com/BPUB_Tweets.