AIM Media Texas announced Thursday the formation and launch of Digital AIM, an organization working across all operating units of the company to provide digital services and solutions for viewers, readers and customers.
The announcement was made jointly by Jeremy L. Halbreich, chairman and CEO, and Rick Starks, president and COO. The launch is effective immediately.
“In view of the current growth and future opportunities represented by all things digital at AIM today — including web, mobile, social media, video and other emerging technologies — it is important for us to establish a group of dedicated associates for whom these activities are their sole focus and attention,” Halbreich said.
The announcement also included a listing of a digital director and staff for Digital AIM.
“We are fortunate to have a highly talented and motivated group of employees dedicated to these activities here at the company,” Starks said “They will be working directly with our news, advertising and circulation staffs in the design, implementation and sales of digital platforms for the benefit of our audiences and advertising clients.”
Digital AIM will be led by Sean Maggio, who will serve as director of the new organization and who most recently served as director of Digital Marketing & Operations. Maggio is based in Odessa, site of the Odessa American, an AIM Media Texas daily newspaper that serves the state’s Permian Basin region.
A native of Monroe, La., Maggio joined the Odessa American in 2007 as the newspaper’s interactive manager.
More recently, Maggio headed the migration of all AIM Media Texas digital sites over to a new operating platform and has worked to create the company’s new digital operating structure.
In addition, the following appointments were made at Digital AIM:
- Chris Von Wald: Digital Marketing Manager, Upper Rio Grande Valley;
- Ezequiel Barrera: Digital Marketing Manager, Lower Rio Grande Valley;
- Elizabeth Kendall: Lead Digital Ad Technician
- Janaan Johnson: Digital Ad Technician, Odessa;
- Rene Rodriguez: Digital Ad Technician, Upper Rio Grande Valley;
- Beverly Ticer: Digital Ad Technician, Lower Rio Grande Valley;
- Anita Bhakta - Digital Support Technician;
- David De Leon: Digital Support Technician.